Do you want to share this infographic on your site? Please do!
<p><a href=”http://www.bestacnetreatment.org/what-causes-acne/”><img src=”http://www.bestacnetreatment.org/wp-content/uploads/acne-treatment.jpg” border=”0″ alt=”Acne Treatment.” /></a></p><p>Acne should not become just another part of your daily life, as it can be treated and cured. In fact, with the proper precautions, you can definitely get rid of acne. Visit www.BestAcneTreatment.org now and discover the best <a href=”http://www.bestacnetreatment.org/”>acne treatment</a> and get rid of acne right now!</p><p><a href=”http://www.bestacnetreatment.org/what-causes-acne/”>Add this infographic you your site.</a></p>
Acne – Adolescent pimples – is the most common skin disease. More than 80% of the population suffers from acne throughout their lifetime. The disease appears at the beginning of the adolescence age, and usually fades by itself toward the ages 23-25, however in 10% of cases, mostly amongst females the syndrome remain also throughout the third and fourth decade of their lives,
How does acne being created?
Acne is a chronic infection of the sebaceous gland and the hair follicle. The sebaceous is used as a lubricating material for the skin and hair and provides them with elasticity and protection. During adolescence and in reaction to androgens (masculine hormones) there is an excess secretion of sebum into the sebaceous gland. This sebum is composed of fats, remnants of cells and bacterium called P.acnes. Sometime the process is accompanied by the narrowing of the hair follicle’s capillary. The pimple development process begins with the blockage of the sebum corking in the hair follicles’ tunnels. In this fatty surrounding the acne bacteria flourish. They cause the dismantling of the sebum to loose fatty acids and inflammations around the hair follicle, with a creation of superficial or deep pustule. Recent researches indicate that the main cause for inflammations and acne isn’t necessarily the quantity of hormones secreted, but an extra sensitivity of the sebaceous gland to these hormones in specific patients (secreted in an appropriate level). Meaning, the genetic factor is most significant.
The hair follicles units (link)– The sebaceous gland are found in most areas of the skin all over the body, but they are most dense in the face, chest back and upper back.
Inflammation of the sebaceous gland can emerge in different forms:
Whiteheads (close comedo): a small white bump underneath the skin, This is a fatty cork that comes out of the sebaceous gland and is locked underneath the skin, In time the sebum trapped will be poured into the skin tissue and around it and eventually will cause an inflammation.
Blackhead (open comdon): Is a fatty cork that comes out of the sebaceous gland but is found on the skin, and comes in contact with the air, become oxygenated and turns black. (It isn’t the dirt that causes the black color but the oxygen).
The “pimple/papula”: A small red bump which is infected and which emerges as body protective reaction to the sebum flow into the skin tissue.
“A pustule pimple/Postula”: A pimple that contains a pustule fluid, appearing as a small bump. The pimple turns to pustule due to the bacteria found underneath the skin which infect the pimple.
“Cyst”: A big red bump found underneath the skin and causes pain. A cyst is being created when a pore is completely blocked and the sebum created inside the gland is being poured to the surrounding tissues and causes a deep inflammation that can leave scars after treatment.
What can cause the worsening of acne?
Sweat, an accumulating sweat on the skin surface worsens the blockage of the pores where the sebaceous gland secret the fluid. In addition, in high temperatures the pace of sebum production grows inside the skin pores. For those who engage in physical activity the affliction can be seen mainly in the back, chest, buttocks and hips and less in the face.
Nutrition: Most doctors don’t relate acne to nutrition, however, their reaction to different food products changes from one person to another. The common belief that food such as chocolate, nuts, yellow cheese, fries etc. can exacerbate the acne, wasn’t proved, but still it is recommended to avoid the following types of food: Fatty products (mainly from milk sources), nuts and seeds, spicy food (that affect only some of the people).
Cosmetic: Use of cosmetic products that aren’t “acne friendly” can cause acne outbursts or worsen it, for example products such as lotions and creams, blush, lipstick, eye shadow, moisturizers and sunscreen, make up, hair gel and more. It is necessary to refrain from products that contain lanolin, Vaseline, vegetal oil and Oleic acid.
Mental tension: Mental tension can worsen acne, mostly among young women.
Pills or Contraceptive pills: which contain less estrogen and more progesterone. At the same time, stopping contraceptive pills can influence this matter as well.
The skin treatment: rubbing and scrubbing of the skin. Exaggerated cleansing of the skin.
The monthly menstrual cycle : Due to hormonal changes and the influence of the hormones on the sebaceous gland.
Hormones for body building : influence the hormonal balance
- Not to wash the face more than twice a day.
- Use mild soaps that don’t dry the skin. There are soaps that are synthetic detergent which contain less than 10% soap, and with PH between 5.57 (our skin acidity moves around 5.5). This compared to “real” soaps that their base is with 9-10 PH. The ordinary soaps and the basics ones cause dryness and irritation of the skin. Dryness and irritation of the skin can worsen the acne condition. Taking make up off is recommended to be done gently and with a gentle cleanser.
- Refrain from washing in hot water (worsen acne). Use a clean cloth for facial wiping.
- Refrain from use of oily lotions for the skin and hair. If you noticed worsening of the acne after use of certain product, change it. Even if this product didn’t cause any problems in the past.
- Refrain from “scrubbing” the face in an attempt to pull out the comedos or the pustule build up in the pimples. This creates scars and can worsen the acne
- It is feasible to shampoo the hair every day. It reduces the quantity of oil on the scalp and in the hair.
- There are cosmetic products that cause dryness and irritation of the skin (for example certain peeling soaps, masks). Refrain from using them. Dryness and irritation worsen acne.
- Use peeling products that can peel also inside the pores, such as salicylic acid. It improves the passage of fat inside and outside of the pores to the surface of the skin. It is possible to use concentration of 1%-2% of salicylic acid or 8% of alpha hydroxyl acid. (There are very few people who are sensitive to aspirin and can’t use salicylic acid. Additional peelings products exist in the market and in use are resorcinols, sulfur, peeling of the skin that can be useful in cases of mild-medium acne. Those treatments can be used exclusively or in addition to other type of treatment, as hereby described.
- Absorption of fat surplus – with the use of masks on a clay basis (it is necessary to check if it contains irritating substance. Substance that irritates the skin can worsen acne). It is possible to absorb fat, and partially control the skin production of fat using magnesium-milk. This Hydroxyl magnesium fluid that absorbs fat can be used as a facial mask, in frequency that depends on the type of skin – every day or once a week.
- Next Article: Acne Treatment Ingredients
In a comprehensive survey of acne products, in which we examined which treatments on the market today answer the following three criteria:
- Contains the chemical compounds (treatment ingredient) known to medicine today and proven to prevent and cure acne.
- Contains natural compounds known for their efficacy as natural cures for acne and as compounds that soothe the skin and give it a clean and fresh appearance.
- Received the highest rating in the user reviews that we gathered.