Introduction and background
Acne affects 29% of women and 34% of men between the ages of 15 and 44 in the US. This common problem affects patients psychosocially and has the potential to leave lasting scars. Acne scars are a challenge for the physician, as few treatment modalities are effective. Fortunately, and thanks to the advancements in herbal and natural therapy, acne scars can now be improved or fully by using substances or compounds that are now considered essential part of such natural acne treatment systems or kits that can be used with ease and safety at home.
How to identify a quality acne scar treatment system
Ideally, a quality acne scar therapy improves each of the clinical manifestations of acne:
• Acne and acne scarring • Redness and vessels • Surgical scars
• Brown discoloration • Skin tone and texture • Tightens pores
In addition, skin experts and dermatologists have identified the following merits and traits of an ideal acne scar treatment:
- It improves the appearance of photo-aged skin
- It removes age spots, sun-induced freckles and most benign brown pigments
- It improves redness caused by broken capillaries;
- It smooths skin texture
- It stimulates collagen production
- It reduces pore size
- It slightly softens fine lines
- It is used for more pronounced wrinkles and scars (such as deeper scars, lines, and furrows) and for areas upon which more stress is exerted (such as the corners of the mouth).
- In addition, it improves acne by decreasing the size of sebaceous glands and the bacteria that cause acne
- It also lightens the redness seen with acne scarring
- A quality acne scar therapy does all of this without affecting the surface of the skin. This allows you to proceed with your normal daily routine immediately after daily application of such treatments.
- A quality anti acne scar treatment kit or system can treat the full face, neck, chest, or hands. With a series of applications, such systems or home-use kits can help restore a more youthful appearance without patient downtime or the prolonged recovery, which can be necessary after other types of treatment.
Last but not least, advantages of such quality acne scar therapies include minimal downtime, on-going (albeit gradual) results and reduced or no side effects. Finally, they are much cheaper, economical and affordable as compared to other clinical surgical or laser therapies used for the treatment or removal of acne scars. One must, however, be careful to choose a quality acne scar therapy only after in-depth research and reading.