Introduction and background
The tanned look might be considered attractive and beautiful in some areas of the world, but the truth is that you’ve burnt your skin to become attractive and beautiful for others. And it will have consequences later in life. Sun exposure is wonderful for a healthy life and without it the skin would probably be pale and sallow looking but the too much sun exposure is just damaging your outer organ. The skin gets the tan, but loses a lot in the process. The constant exposure will make the skin darker and darker. Of course, nobody wants to live like vampires avoiding the sun at times. So there are ways to avoid a tan or get rid of it on the whole.
Sunscreens and Sun-blocks are probably best sellers in markets of sunny coastal areas. When you have to be in the sun constantly because of some reason or the other, constant protection is vital or else you’ll get a tan whether you want it or not. But at times, even they do not provide the best protection. And then people get tired of putting the artificial thick substance onto their skins. It is not good for the skin either to be under a layer of sunscreen lotion or a sun block all the time. In this case, there are natural herbs available to prevent sunburn! You have to make the effort to make them, but they are worth it in the end.
Natural Skin Protection
Below are small recipes of paste and mixtures that will get rid of the skin tan or provide a shield against the sun in case you are avoiding a tan. They will not only deal with your tan but leave your skin with a fresh glow and a flawless shine.
• Mix one tablespoon of milk powder with one tablespoon of lemon juice and one table spoon of honey. Add half a tablespoon of almond oil and gently put on the face. Wash off after fifteen to twenty minutes.
• A milk-banana paste is also a good healer of tanned skin. Mix the two together, the amount is irrelevant, and then apply it on the face. Wash off after a while and see the difference.
• Lemon Juice is a great toner for tanned skin. Drink it as well as apply it on the face but wash off soon in just under four to five minutes to avoid irritation.
• Honey and Cucumber together in a mixture also cool down the face and soothes down the features.
• Tan on the hands also has a remedy. Sunflower oil mixed with lemon juice and sugar is applied on the hands and then washed away about twenty minutes later. The result, when done for a consecutive three days, is priceless.
• Darkened feet are not far off either. Just soak them in lemon juice diluted with water for a while.
Importance of protecting your skin against the sun
Sunlight is life. But a lot of it is harmful! Many people don’t know that it can lead to dark spots, pimples, blackheads and an oilier skin. The marks become permanent and often lead to skin conditions such as acne. It is important that you give your skin the protection it needs. However, there are remedies available to cure acne too, the herbal treatment method being in the top ones. Made from natural ingredients such as those quoted above, the herbal treatment method of acne is cost effective, safe and gives you results. Much like the remedies above, the treatment method also has no side effects. But it is better if you do not let it get to that. Protect yourself and nourish your skin. It is a beauty factor. It is what people see before they even know who you are. Sunlight is good, but too much of it is not. And now you know what to do.
There is no harm in trying the remedies above, especially if you have already made the mistake of getting a tan. Try them out. They have no side effects. But also remember, do not go around hiding from sunlight. It is good for your health. And if you have to stay in it for long periods of time due to whatever reason, be prepared.