Foundation For Acne Prone Skin: Introduction And Background
When your skin is acne prone, everything becomes a problem. You have to know whether or not what you are eating is appropriate for the skin and whether or not it will worsen the problem. Your bathroom is filled with a face washes and soap that can battle acne and you probably take very good care of your surroundings such as your bed sheets and your towels to make sure that they are not dirty and that no bacteria settles on your skin and worsens the problem. The bottom line is, you have to be extra careful with acne prone skin and deciding on what cosmetics to use is no different. In fact, you need to be extremely cautious about what cosmetics to use because they are generally filled with chemicals that can prove to be very harsh for your skin. And the foundation…that has to have special consideration because it is literally used all over your face and the neck area. People even put it on the back and the arms if need be. Foundation is basically all over the body and that makes it a high priority watch on our list.
How To Choose The Right Foundation For Acne Prone Skin?
There are some points which need to be in your head when you choose a foundation for your acne prone skin. You need to know these points really well because it will help you in deciding and this is essential because if you do not choose the right foundation, a breakout of acne is just a few uses of foundation away. Hence the caution…
- The foundation that you should choose should be oil-free. Since clogged pores are the clearest and most sure shot sign towards acne, you need to use an oil-free foundation so that there is no clogging of pores and the skin remains free of excessive sebum.
- A foundation made of natural ingredients is favored above all because that means that there are no harsh chemicals that make your condition worse or instigate pimples into arising all over the face, especially in an acne prone skin. Natural ingredients will cause no damage and might actually even prove to be fruitful and beneficial for the skin.
- Choose a foundation that does not limit the usage and provides optimal coverage so that you can use it easily on acne to hide it without fearing that it will make the acne worse or cause any acne scarring.
- There are foundations which even contain acne fighting ingredients such as salicylic acid which is used to unclog pores. With this ingredient in the foundation bottle, at least you will not have to worry about clogging the pores with the cream or liquid that you are putting all over your face.
- Lastly, you need to ensure that the very first time you used the foundation; it did not irritate your skin or cause any kind of burn or itching. When it does not do anything of that sort, this means that the foundation SUITS your skin which is the biggest blessing of them all. This means that your skin is comfortable with the foundation that you are using and that it will not cause any problems in the future.
So What Is The Best Foundation For Acne Prone Skin?
Your skin type is different from the next person whose type is different from the next person. In other words, there is no particular one foundation that is the best for acne prone skin. There are a series of foundations that you can consider to be in the top league but other than that, thinking of just one foundation and then recommending it to everyone who has acne prone skin is a stupid move to be honest. Every skin type is different. Something that might suit a friend considerably might not suit your skin. Perhaps it could be the differences of ingredients even matching your skin or perhaps it could be the skin type. There are foundations made for oily skin and those made for dry skin. If you have oily skin, using a foundation made for oily skin can be a complete and utter disaster now, won’t it? Thus, after clearing this point, here are some names that you need to consider because they do come in the range of being ONE of the best.
- Lorac Natural Performance Foundation is one of the top notch in the line of foundations for acne prone skin. Not only is it oil-free but it also contains no parabens which means that the chances of acne breakouts is very little and that it will not irritate the skin either. It also lasts a longer time throughout the day so you are not compromising on the basic function of foundation either. You’re getting the treatment along with the function!
- The Clinique acne solutions liquid makeup is perfect for the job. It is also oil-free and is amazing at making the redness neutral and also to prevent blemishes from arising. It is made for people who are suffering from acne or who are trying to reduce their acne. You can wear it all day long and not fear about breakouts. It also moisturizes your skin so you’re giving the best to your skin really.
- l.f acne fighting foundation is again one of the foundation that deserves the word best. And the most wonderful part is that it contains ingredients that are terrific for battling acne. It has salicylic acid and tea tree oil and even Aloe Vera to boast! This foundation was created especially for battling acne.
Cosmetics are not something you can stop using, especially if you are in the habit of it and do not want to look different than you usually do. Even if you do have acne, these products will ensure that you do not have to stop using foundation. In fact, you do not have to worry about aggravating acne with these products either.