Introduction And Background
Acne is a thing that most of us if not all have had sometime or the other, mostly in our teenage years. It has been researched and calculated that three out of every four teenagers have had acne up to some extent. It is most common in teens because hormonal changes occur during that time and there is more secretion of sebum on the skin, the oil that our body produces. There is a difference in stress levels during this time period as well, making hormonal imbalance a prime reason behind this skin condition. Some outgrow the outbreak of acne during in their teenage years or young adult life while some continue to battle it longer than that. However, there are various ways in which you can treat your acne and make sure that there is no scarring present. And apple cider vinegar happens to be one of the ways in which you can do so.
What Causes Acne?
There are various reasons as to why acne is caused and some of them are discussed below in a little detail. To get down to actually treating the skin condition, you should first be aware of what is causing it. Treatment often lies in making the causative factor go away or fixing it, thus it is important to realize what could have brought about the breakout of acne.
- Excess oil on our skin can cause acne because it can lead to clogged pores and clogged pores means pimple formation. There is inflammation and the skin becomes slightly bumpy. It becomes pretty obvious in a little while.
- Bacteria is another reason for causing acne and a major one at that too. It is the culprit behind cystic acne and most of the creams that we use for fighting it off work by destroying the bacteria that has caused acne in the first place.
- Emotional stress, hormonal imbalance and even menstruation in women can cause acne. Genetics also has a role to play although this role is still being researched. It is highly likely that if your parents have had acne, you will too.
- Even some drugs or medication can cause acne as a side effect. Some drugs like lithium or even thyroid medication are capable of doing so.
- Pregnant women are prone to acne too and should take extra good care of their skin. This is also due to hormonal imbalance.
- Foods that are high in iodides cause acne.
- Cosmetics and their extra usage can lead to clogged pores again which can lead to…you got it; acne.
So Where Does Apple Cider Vinegar Come In…?
Apple cider vinegar comes in to treat the acne. There are various people who have said that apple cider vinegar can:
- Make the skin incredibly softer that you will want to use it again and again.
- Make the pores of the skin smaller so that there are lesser chances of clogging and bacteria settling and gives the skin an overall smoother appearance.
- Make the acne go away and also make the acne scars go away. Now that is something that very few things can do and apple cider vinegar luckily happens to be one of them,
- Make the skin tone even and cause it to have a fresher appearance with less bumps or dents in it.
How Does It Do All Of This?
You must be thinking about apple cider vinegar and how it manages to do all of this. Well, it isn’t that hard really, especially for apple cider vinegar. The most instrumental thing that you must know about this particular liquid is that it restores the acidic balance to our skin which ensures that protection is there and there is killing of bacteria which can lead to unclogging of pores and a natural balance restored to the skin. Our skin is acidic in nature and some bacteria or the usage of harsh soaps can cause a disruption in all of that. Thus, what this vinegar does is give us back this barrier so that we can again have that strong skin. Apple cider vinegar is not only good at bringing the pH back but it also kills the bacteria, enables the removal of any sort of dirt present on the skin and also helps to remove any dead skin cells making way for new ones.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For The Treatment Of Acne?
A thing you must remember is that apple cider vinegar needs to be diluted with water first before you actually use it. Remember, it is vinegar and it can cause damage as well to the skin if you do not use it correctly and appropriately. There is no need to dip your face in vinegar! It will irritate and burn the skin like anything. You only need to use small amounts of vinegar and that too diluted in water. The solution that you make should be three parts water and only one part vinegar, that is how much diluted it should be! When you have diluted it with water, take a small cotton ball and dip it into the solution. After that, tap it gently on the areas where acne is present. You need to be gentle and not rub it in like a maniac! After about fifteen minutes of application, gently wash it off with lukewarm water. You can repeat it again during the night.
Apple cider vinegar is mostly used in foods but why should you use this brilliant liquid for food and taste only? If it is helping your skin so much, why not use it for that? Get your own bottle of apple cider vinegar today and make sure that it is a hundred percent original and pure. After that, do as instructed above and you will feel the difference in a day or two when you will have softer and smoother skin to show-off and it will make you feel internally better as well. Do not delay!