Introduction And Background
If one is asked about the most important part of their body and one they especially have to look after, they will either say the skin or they will say the hair. The people who will name skin are probably higher in number than the hair people because let’s face it, a greater population of the world has skin problems rather than the other one. We are all concerned about our skin. We want flawless skin and even if one single pimple appears, it makes us worry and we want it gone. Imagine if one pimple makes us feel that way then what can a case of acne do! In this particular scenario, we need to be fully prepared. We should know what to do and what not to do in acne so that the process of fixing it can start!
Acne And Skin Oils
Acne is caused by various reasons but the most common one is skin oil. You do realize that our skin produces oily sebum and that it can easily get accumulated inside the pores of the body if we are not careful enough. Sometimes, bacteria also settle and it causes inflammation. Needless to say, skin oils are something we need to be cautious about. Have you ever noticed that those who have a relatively dry skin are less prone to getting pimples and acne? This does not mean that dry skin is good but it just means that skin oil needs to be taken care of and looked after.
What To Do?
When one has acne, there are certain things that he needs to do. Here are a few tips on how to deal with acne and the skin oils that are present. Read carefully to know how each tip helps.
- The first thing you should do after getting acne is setting the diet right. A lot of people have noticed that if they ate too oily food too much and also their intake consisted mostly of proteins, they were more prone to getting pimples and acne. One should have a diet which also consists of fruits and vegetables so that the body can get what it needs and that one can detoxify the body somehow.
- Drink a lot of water. You should know that water also has the power to detoxify the body and if you drink a lot of water the skin usually remains hydrated and the clogged pores have a better chance of cleaning of than before!
- Use a moisturizer. Many people believe that using any type of lotion or moisturizer in acne is wrong because the skin oil is already making things worse. Wrong! If you use a moisturizer it moisturizes the skin and also sometimes makes the oil come out of the clogged pores. It can actually be very helpful if you let it.
- Try to take care of your skin oils. It is not good to wipe off oil all the time but ensure that your skin does not remain too oily for longer periods of time.
What Not To Do?
Someone once said that it is equally important to know what not to do along with what to do when a trouble arises. It is very true. Here are a few things you should know to avoid in a situation where acne is involved.
- Do not sleep on unclean sheets. The environment you sleep in is very important and it is equally important to know that a lot of people get acne due to their sheet changing policy. One should change their sheets once a week, not once a month! It will make a lot of difference to your skin
- Do not apply unnecessary oil on already oily skin. You don’t want to make it too oily. Using a moisturizer is different but refrain from using any kind of body oil on the face.
- Do not use makeup, especially if you have oily skin. Makeup can make a lot of things worse and it can also aggravate your acne. You should be very careful about it. Sometimes the makeup mixes with the skin oil and the mixture that is created is pretty harmful for the skin. More pimples can arise this way. Avoid it if you can.
- Do not drink sodas and soft drinks. They have a tendency to aggravate the acne. There is no scientific evidence to prove it as such but surveys say otherwise!
Acne is curable. That is one ray of hope that all the people who have acne have. Do not give up hope and if you do the things you’re supposed to and avoid the ones you can, you’ll be rid of it sooner than soon!